-->
Home Ads

Monday, January 27, 2020

Try Everything by Shakira - The Review

Try Everything


Try Everything is a song recorded by the Columbian singer Shakirah for the 2016 Walt Disney Animation studies film "Zootopia" and written by Sia Furler, Tor Hermanson and Mikkel Erickson. Released on the 15th of February 2016.
Genre: Pop. Dance-pop.
The film "Zootopia" is an inspirational story of a bunny rabbit named Judy Hopps, with ambitions to stretch her professional goals beyond "prevailing familial and social expectations". Judy decided that she will be a Police officer when she grows up. She's met with lots of prejudice, but instead of giving up she proves herself to the Chief of the Police.
In the Film Zootopia, "Try everything" is featured as a song recorded by a singer named Gazelle (voiced by Shakirah).
The song is first heard when Judy Hopps plays it in her car on the way to "Zootopia"
Try everything is upbeat, the song is joyful. The kind of song you'll appreciate when you get stuck in traffic from a tedious task that probably didn't work, and tell yourself "I messed up, but I'm gonna keep on trying till I reach the end... And start again. The mood is celebratory.
Let's go get the juice out of the lyrics now. The song starts with a clear announcement:

"I messed up tonight
I lost another fight..."
why with such a joyful tune are the words about "messing up" am I supposed to be happy about me messing up? here's why:
"I always get up now
To see what's next "
The first verse:
"I messed up tonight
I lost another fight
I still mess up but I'll start again
I keep falling down
I keep on hitting the ground
I always get up now to see what's next
Birds don't just fly
They fall down and get up
Nobody learns without getting it won"
"Our skills are improved with every attempt that ends in failure because we toss out the failed Pattern."
So after you couldn't get to your target. You messed up. Now you're telling yourself that "Indeed I messed up. I'm just gonna start all over again." A commitment.
There's strength in vulnerability. When you are faced with those "hitting the ground" kind of situations and you are feeling disappointed,... this causes us to be aware of what we've failed at, so we open up and free ourselves to receive greater ideas on what step "next" should be...
Intuition reawakens and guides us away from negativity.
Negativity is when you start getting deeply sad (depressed), refusing to even realize there are other ways of facing the situation... refusing to accept your failure as an asset or value that wants you to grow and be the best at what you do.
Try to imagine a "Bird" trying to fly (as used in the lyrics), failed the first time and just there not trying to fly, suddenly disabled in its capacity to even know if flying is actually essential to it. The bird no longer possesses the personal capacity for learning. (Sad)

"A crucial feature of success is failure as a necessary antecedent"
"The possibility of further failure must become part of the expectation for all action."
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert Einstein.

All these quotes say the same thing ... failure is not the opposite of success. Failure is an excellent stepping stone to success.
I actually have so much more to say on the topic failure and its importance to our success but ..I'm gonna stop here for now...back to "TRY EVERYTHING".
In summary verse one of this song tells us to not be afraid to fail, 'cos failure is indeed a treasure and failure means there are other ways to conquer this. It teaches us to be aware of failure, learn from it and find million other ways to avoid the same mistake but yet not loose by giving in to fear, stereotypes, what others think e.t.c

The chorus:
 ...begins with a self-commitment 

"I won't give up
No I won't give in
Till I reach the end
Then I'll start again
Though I'm on the lead
I wanna try everything
I wanna try even though I could fail"...
It's saying, look I know I messed up but I'm coming back a stronger and better me, and I'm gonna try to make this work. No fear of rejection, fear of fears, negative comments, pain, injury, race, nationality, gender , and so on will be able to stop me .. because I.. I  can do  all things through Christ who strengthens me...and I know it's gonna get better so I'm gonna put everything I am into this ..I might fail again but I'll still keep on trying...

The times you've failed_but_did_not_give_up determines how closer to the end you are.
The second verse of the song seems even more personal...

Verse Two:
"Look how far you've come
You filled your heart with love
Baby you've done enough that cut your breath
Don't beat yourself up
Don't need to run so fast
Sometimes we come last but we did our best

I'll keep on making those new mistakes
I'll keep on making them every day
Those New Mistakes"
This verse reminds me of this guy: Thomas Edison
This guy wasn't even the best student, his teacher and some of his friends and mates thought he was dumb... Thank goodness! God bless his soul.. Now we have light bulbs because he kept trying, putting up new ways to make sure there is a light bulb... You might want to give up on your journey to success... It's not easy... It shouldn't be easy, but you should never give up.
Keep trying everything possible.. Make it work. You're closer to the end than you know. Failing lets you know more about yourself.. Embrace change.. Leave your comfort zone.. Try out every possibility you could think of..get ready to fail and move on.. If it doesn't work out.. Go on another mission of trying..
It never ends! And very important, learn from your mistakes...
The central theme of the song: Not to give up! Fail, but don't live in it, learn from it. Know who you are and what you stand for.

Review Compiled by Chalbyen Faith Godwin

© Book-Troverts

No comments:

Post a Comment

BookWorm Challenge

BookWorm

BookWorm is a honorary title given to the BookTrovert with the best review for every week. You can be a BookWorm too. Send us an email indicating your interest to participate in the challenge




Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *